The nursery school was started over 40 years ago by members of the Royersford Baptist Church (www.rbcabc.org) congregation to provide a preschool experience for children of the community. We have children of many different faiths, cultures and ethnic backgrounds attending our school..
The Royersford Baptist Church Nursery School accepts as its responsibility the task of encouraging young children to develop their full God-given potential to become responsible, caring, creative, spontaneous, happy and independent human beings. We recognize this as being a rather ambitious undertaking, but we accept it, knowing full-well that children’s attitudes about themselves, about others, and about their world are well formed in their first five years.
Our preschool provides a wealth of equipment including readiness materials, books, audio-visual aids, and manipulative tools. In this setting, with teacher guidance, the child has:
- The opportunity to choose among activities, to explore and discover and learn in his or her own unique way.
- The opportunity to relate to others in small groups.
- The opportunity to develop both fine and large motor skills.
- The opportunity to become self-disciplined and self-sufficient.
- A balance of busy time, moving around activity, and quiet, relaxed moments.
We recognize the importance of parental support and cooperation and encourage the involvement of parents in the total program of the school. We have planned activities for parents throughout the year.
The safety of the children is our first priority. We provide a secure building during school hours. A silent alarm connected to 911 has been provided to us by Montgomery County through the CLASS program.